Monday, June 17, 2013

Outrageaous


Hello! It's been a while since I've written anything here but to get the ball rolling again I must share with you a little about what has been going on in my personal life. I feel much more comfortable sharing positivity with the world through this blog but life isn't completely full of positivity. I've been thinking long and hard on how to keep writing to you through this hard time for me and in the end I didn't write anything. Now, I feel it is time to move forward.


In early May I called a family meeting because I could no longer tolerate how some of my family members have been treating me. Some of it stemmed from substance abuse on their part. Some of it from character flaws and lack of empathy. Some of it had to do with a life long pain from sexual abuse.

For me, it took a surreal amount of courage to demand to be treated like a human...The result was that I don't have much of a family any more. Instead of compassion I found rage. Instead of empathy there was a threat of physical contact.

As I move forward and as I fight for this creative life, I can only hope that the rest of you will send me positivity and well-meaning support because I have no room in my life for anything else.

I'm ready for only good things to come!
xo, Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment