Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Favorite Links

This Jetpack Solves Everything illustration made me smile. I found it via swissmiss and you can buy a print here.

Here are some other links I saw this week that are blowing my mind:


- How to build a hovercraft! (I'm seriously soooo excited about this + I know what I'm doing this weekend)
- PBS Documentary: Makers: Women Who Make America  We've come so far! 
- A new, temporary, electronic tattoo with a microchip inside it could allow people to fly drones, talk on the phone and do all sorts of other things—using only their minds.
- A group of international scientists have found evidence that an ancient, lost continent may be buried beneath the Indian Ocean floor.
- Asteroid smashing mission picks space rock target. After the Russian Asteroid crash I watched an older TEDTalks about a theory of easily smashing or bumping an asteroid off course to avoid impact with Earth. I was thrilled to see that we are now going to practice this theory! 
- This week, Nasa discussed recent findings concerning the riddle of the black hole spin. I listened to the live webcast!  
 
I feel like real world news is reminiscent of a science fiction plot and we're all in it together. I can't wait to see what will happen next week! And Spring is coming. Hooray!
I hope all of you have a great weekend! Thank you so much for reading, It really means a lot to me! 

xo, Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment