Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Moon Glow Artwork

Artwork by Brenda Erickson
via here


This artwork by Brenda Erickson is captivating. As a solution to my question of what to post about today, I came up with something different.

Here is nighttime tale:

One day I was coming back home from a holiday gathering during a dark night much like this night. There was an extra layer of mist and fog everywhere (I call it death fog). It was unlike anything I had ever seen. I could barely see a foot in front of my car but somehow I had reached the halfway point to coming home and it was too foggy to turn back. When I came upon my city, all of the lights were out including the lights at the intersections. People were wrecking into others and when I finally arrived home, people were shouting in the streets to hear their own echos. I could only make out bits of shadows as others used the veil of fog to creep eerily down the normally sleepy neighborhood streets, being as quiet as possible. The inside of the house was pitch black, my phone was running out of power...

I locked the door and waited, and waited. The lights eventually returned but I could never watch Stephen King's The Mist again.

~Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment