Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kristy Mitchell's Wonderland Photography

Hello! Last week or so a friend posted these photos and my heart melted. At the same time I was energized to run out of the house, gather some props, and come up with some ideas about converging vintage fashion, story telling, and photography. I felt like this was my fuel and what kept me going throughout the day. This is one of my greatest loves in life and I am in awe that Kristy Mitchell conveyed her story with such mesmerizing photography on a very small budget. 

Kristy Mitchell worked as a fashion designer under both Alexander McQueen and Hussein Chalayan as a student. She also had a love of photography and with her mother's passing she decided to make a series of photography to honor her mother's life of story telling and teaching for 30 years. Many of the characters came to Kristy in her dreams including queens and princesses. She said that she found herself retreating further into an alternative existence through the portal of her camera. As Kristy worked on the first initial images, she began to see the series was turning into moments showing the passage of time and then all of the seasons were soon portrayed. Some photos were prepped for a full 12 months before the shoot to ensure certain flowers could be included. This series was started in 2009 and will end this summer in 2012. For more information check out the full story behind Wonderland and more of Kristy Mitchell's Photography here.




I literally can't stop looking at these photos.
xo~ Tonya


No comments:

Post a Comment