Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Last weekend's Supermoon

via Dimitri Messinis / AP, found at MSNBC, Greek Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion, southeast of Athens
Via Ali Jarekji / Reuters, found at MSNBC, Amman, Jordan
Wilfredo Lee / AP, found at MSNBC, Anglers near Bal Harbour, Florida
via Darryl Webb / Reuters, found at MSNBC, Papago Park in Phoenix
I'm still in awe of how huge the supermoon looked this past Saturday night. I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

In Iowa on Saturday, it was an uncomfortably humid day before the moon raised and the nighttime air gave some relief. I love seeing images from other areas of the world underneath the same moon, on the same day. It reminds me how connected all of us are.

I hear the next supermoon is August 10, 2014. I'm going to mark my calendar and maybe get a telescope by then!

xo~Tonya





No comments:

Post a Comment