Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blog Tree Dream Team

Hello friends! I've had a bit of an exciting revelation! Some of my favorite design bloggers actually know each other!! Their blogs are places I've went to for inspiration, joy, and the discovery of many things design. I can't even begin to describe how much their efforts in design and in the blog world mean to me. So this is what happened: Yesterday I visited the Compai blog and instantly fell in love with this vintage game of pin the tail on the donkey, in this case, pin the tail on the pegasus. It's designed by John Alcorn in the 1960s and for sale here at 1st dibs.


Then today Design Sponge, which holds a special place in my heart, made a post about Justina's post at Compai!! Also, they mentioned that recently Justina was featured at Oh Joy which was next on my list of blogs to visit! On top of that, one of my favorite bloggers, Bri Emery, is the author of the post featuring Justina Blakeney at Oh Joy. Bri's lovely bog is DesignLoveFest and I truly enjoy it! I think this is what it must feel like when in sports, a dream team is put together. 


Then there is this bright and beautiful lithograph to talk about! Do you love the patterns, the colors, the fun 60s-ness of it like I do? I have decided that I will, I WILL, design a game inspired by this. Perhaps another pin the tail on something, or perhaps another game all together. I'm going to start sketching right away!!! 


xoxo Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment